Spousal Support Lawyer: Lake County Services
Do you need a spousal support lawyer? Lake County residents can turn to Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office. We offer expertise with alimony, also known as spousal support or maintenance. Alimony is frequently an important part of a divorce.
A temporary spousal support order may be entered before finalizing a divorce. A computer calculation usually determines the amount of temporary spousal support.
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office’s experienced Lake County alimony – spousal support lawyer, Jona L. Saxby, will try to resolve issues by agreement whenever possible to avoid costly court battles. Of course, if you cannot reach an agreement or if it is infeasible to try, Jona is ready to vigorously assert your rights throughout the litigation process.
In litigated spousal support matters, the court has wide discretion in setting the amount and duration of your support order. Therefore, it is extremely important to have an experienced Lake County alimony – spousal support lawyer such as Jona on your side.
Family Law Attorney: Lake County Free Consultations
During your free thirty minute initial consultation in our alimony – spousal support law office (or by phone or video conference), our lawyers are happy to explain the spousal support factors the Lake County court will consider.
The Lake County court will look at these factors when establishing, denying, or modifying a spousal support order under the California Family Law Code. We will also be glad to answer common questions about California alimony – spousal support such as:
- How much time can the spousal support order stay in effect?
- Does spousal support stop if the receiving spouse re-marries or moves in with his/her significant other?
- What happens if the spouse who pays spousal support loses his/her job?
- What happens if the spouse who pays spousal support gets a substantial raise or bonus?
- How is alimony calculated for self-employed or temporary/seasonal workers?
- What happens if the spouse who pays spousal support retires?
- What happens if the spouse who pays spousal support refuses to work?
- What happens with spousal support if we were only married for a short time?
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office offers our spousal support – alimony clients in Clearlake, Hidden Valley Lake, Middletown, Kelseyville, and Lakeport (as well as other areas in Lake County) many service options to fit your needs such as:
- Full Service Representation
- Limited Scope Representation (services limited to a specific task such as a making a court appearance for you)
- Document Preparation Services / Unbundled Services
- Legal Consulting–Coaching (such as when a party is self-represented in Lake County – Lake County and needs legal advice and assistance preparing for a hearing or they are in Mediation but need an independent attorney to render legal advice)
Please check out our client reviews to see for yourself what our clients have to say about us. It’s our commitment to providing low cost yet quality legal services in a friendly manner that sets us apart from the pack!
Contact Us for a Free Phone or Office Consultation