Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C.
Initially founded in 2008, Wine County Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C. has offices in Napa, Ukiah, and Santa Rosa. While we originally focused on family law, we expanded our services to include bankruptcy in 2009 after seeing how connected these two personal issues can be, and it has been a wonderful addition.
We’ve found that many hold a stereotype against attorneys – one of the crafty, duplicitous lawyer that’s intention is to take advantage. This unfortunate misconception actually motivates us to highlight our core values even more. We are here to help you determine the best next steps for your unique situation. Above all, we aim to guide you to persevere through life’s challenges in a meaningful direction.
Meet Our Team of Attorneys:
Meet Our Other Team Members:
- Margene Larson, Senior Paralegal
- Alisha Sikes, Senior Paralegal
- Nichole Buchanan, Legal Case Administrator
So, what is it about our team that sets us apart from the rest?
Here at Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy, P.C., we listen to your stories without judgment and with open ears. We keep you up to date on all details of your case, communicate details clearly, and respond to your requests, questions, comments, and concerns within a one business day. Most of all, we want to convey to you that you are not alone in this process. As tempting as it can be to try to figure everything out on your own, the beauty is you don’t have to. We want to guide you every step of the way in a manner that’s easy to follow and gives you peace of mind.
More importantly, we’ll be transparent with you about whether we think we’re the right fit for your case. We believe in helping the people who will benefit the most from our experience and fierce advocacy in the courtroom. Sometimes, this means turning down clients not because their story isn’t important to us, but because there’s a legal team out there that’s better suited to their specific needs.
The Golden Rule
You would think most people would be committed to treating others the way they want to be treated. Sadly, this is not the case. This is why we strive to treat our clients with the utmost respect, patience, empathy, and hospitality that every human being deserves. We want you to be honest in your feelings and desires surrounding your case. We, too, want to stay true to our values in serving our clients with honesty and integrity. We’ll work with you to identify what you need and help guide you through the complex legal process–all with a caring, personalized touch.
We Stand Firm
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C. is not known to back down from a fight. We explore creatively unconventional strategies to help you get what you’re after by staying abreast of all the latest law changes and adaptations. Our strong, foundational knowledge of family and bankruptcy law has helped us champion our clients’ cases in the courtroom, and we would delight in making you our next success story!
We Get It
Going through a tough time isn’t nearly as bad when the people helping you understand exactly what you’re going through. Our CEO and founder, Lindsay Torgerson, founded the firm while she was going through a divorce herself. So, not only do we understand the ins and outs of your case from the legal side, but from the personal side as well. In cases as emotionally draining as family law cases, a little solidarity goes a long way.
Our “why” is to guide others to persevere through life’s challenges in a meaningful direction. We always lend a heartfelt, understanding ear to our clients and their stories, fiercely defend our clients in the courtroom, and do everything in our power to ensure we achieve the results you want. We believe our “why” guides us not only in the courtroom, but in life as well, and we strive to show this to our clients.
Here are just a few other ways in which our team lives out our “why”:
- We keep our clients well-informed on all your case details, clearly communicate any changes or adjustments made to your case, and are responsive to your questions, comments, concerns, and needs. We delight in serving our clients and reassuring you that we’re here to help them in any way we can.
- No judgment here–we listen to all of our clients’ stories with open ears and compassion. Our team has collectively been through the ringer, so to speak, in terms of family problems, so we know firsthand just how trying and disruptive these kinds of problems can be. Our team of family law and bankruptcy attorneys are good listeners, are supportive of their clients, are prompt in answering messages and returning phone calls, and keep their clients informed of any changes to their cases. In short, our team is made up of decent human beings.
- We don’t let stereotypes surrounding lawyers define us. We are down-to-earth legal professionals who are committed to working with honesty and integrity. We fight hard in the courtroom while simultaneously giving our clients an open, honest, and transparent account of everything happening with their case. What’s more, we’ll work to settle disputes as quickly as possible so that you don’t end up spending a small fortune on legal fees. With the exception of bankruptcy cases, we accept all major credit cards as payment methods. Our bankruptcy clients have the option to pay their fees over a six-month period.
- In the past decade, we’ve built a reputation for ourselves that’s established us one of the strongest legal teams in the Northern Bay Area. Our CEO and Founder, Lindsay Torgerson, received the “Client Satisfaction 10 Best Female Attorney” award by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2016. Managing attorney Bailey Penzotti was named a 2020 Super Lawyer, and the firm has numerous reviews that can attest to the experience we provide.
- We are flexible, open-minded, and always stay on top of the latest legal knowledge and updates within our industry. Our team consistently builds upon our foundational family law and bankruptcy knowledge with cutting edge strategies and techniques. We’re committed to furthering our education to remain sharp and up-to-date in attempts to provide the best guidance to our clients that we can. Moreover, we’re also flexible on our service options. Some clients are looking for a less confrontational approach when pursuing something like a divorce, so we offer self-represented consulting/coaching services (either with or without document preparation), divorce/family law mediation, and limited scope representation. Giving our clients options is just one of the ways we’re committed to respecting and meeting their individual needs.
- We believe that a successful client-attorney relationship exudes respect, but also that we both care about helping the other succeed. Not only do we want to establish a legal relationship with you, but we want to get to know as a person to see how we can best serve you according to your individual wants and needs. We want to provide the support and guidance you need to improve your quality of life.
Who Are Our Clients?
While we’ve had clients from all walks of life, we’ve noticed a few trends emerge from the bulk of our client base.
- Do you find that you don’t have the time to solve your legal issues on your own?
- Is spending quality time with your family or kids one of the most important things to you?
- Do you feel like you’re alone in handling your problems?
- Do you want peace of mind?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we just might be the right legal team for you.
Family and bankruptcy issues of any kind are no fun to deal with, especially if you have children involved. How do you find a solution that manages to address each unique aspect of your case? Fortunately, this is a question you won’t have to answer for yourself if you choose to work with us. If you’re used to fixing problems on your own, you might feel a little embarrassed or ashamed to seek help. We’re here to tell you that there’s no shame or judgment in getting legal help for your family or bankruptcy issues. If anything, it shows that you care enough to want to improve both the lives of you and your family.
Whether it’s divorce, custody issues, or bankruptcy woes, Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C. can help you. Let our dedicated team of family law and bankruptcy professionals help you restore your peace of mind and move in a meaningful direction.
–Lindsay Torgerson, Attorney and Founder
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C.