- Areas of Practice
- Bar Associations
- Other Affiliations
- Past Positions
- Classes & Seminars
As the owner of Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C. Lindsay Torgerson works with clients and sets the tone for her growing firm.
Since founding the firm in 2008, Lindsay has kept her focus on clients and has dedicated herself to treating them as more than just another file in the office. She knows that clients want more than just legal services. They want—and deserve—to be listened to, respected, kept informed, and vigorously represented in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
As her legal team has grown, Lindsay has carried this philosophy forward by hiring only caring, professional attorneys and support staff who can be counted on to uphold these standards.
Lindsay’s background in family law is both unique and highly relevant. She was formerly employed at the Department of Child Support Services. Her own personal experiences as a child and adult of divorce enables her to assist clients through difficult family law processes because she has literally “been there” herself.
In addition to Family Law, Lindsay has extensive knowledge of bankruptcy matters that gives her unparalleled ability to help divorce clients through debt issues. She has assisted over six hundred families in Sonoma, Mendocino, Napa, Lake, and Marin counties in filing bankruptcy.
Notable experience includes a 2015 published case in the U.S. Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel where Lindsay prevailed in erasing a client’s private student loan owed to a for-profit university without showing her client had any “undue hardship.” Since then, this appellate decision has served as case law that has assisted others in wiping out similar debts owed to schools throughout the western United States. It has also been the subject of several judicial conferences nationwide
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Legal Separation
- Spousal Support
- The State Bar of California, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2009
- Mendocino County Women’s Bar Association, 2017 – 2019 (President)
- Napa County Bar Association, 2013 – Present (Member)
- Mendocino County Bar Association, 2012 – Present (Member)
- Lake County Bar Association, 2014 – Present (Member)
- Napa County Women’s Bar Association, 2013 – Present (Member)
- Sonoma County Bar Association, 2008 – 2015 (Member)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 2009 – 2015 (Member)
- William Howard Taft University School of Law, Fountain Valley, California, J.D. 2007
- “Client Satisfaction 10 Best Female Attorney,” American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Sonoma County Department of Child Support Services, Child Support Officer to Certified Law Clerk, 1998 – 2006
- Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department, 1997 – 1998
- Presenter, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy In a Nutshell, Mendocino County Women’s Bar Association, 2016