Spousal Support Lawyer: Ukiah Firm Offers Help
Considering a spousal support lawyer? Ukiah-based Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office offers expertise with alimony, also known as spousal support or maintenance. Alimony is often an important component of a divorce.
A temporary spousal support order may be established prior to finalizing a divorce. The amount of temporary spousal support is usually determined using a computer calculation.
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office’s experienced Ukiah alimony – spousal support lawyer Jona L. Saxby will try to resolve issues by the agreement of both you and your spouse whenever possible to avoid costly court litigation. Of course, if you cannot reach an agreement or it is impractical to try, we are ready to vigorously assert your rights throughout the litigation process.
Of course, if you cannot reach an agreement or it is impractical to try, we are ready to vigorously assert your rights throughout the litigation process.
In such an event, the court has wide discretion in setting the amount and duration of the support order. Therefore, it is extremely important to have an experienced Mendocino County alimony – spousal support lawyer on your side.
Family Law Attorney: Ukiah Free Consultations Available
During your free thirty minute initial consultation in our Ukiah alimony – spousal support law office (or by phone or video conference), our lawyers are happy to explain the spousal support factors the court will consider.
The court will look at these factors when establishing, denying, or modifying a spousal support order under the California Family Law Code. We will also be glad to answer common questions about California alimony – spousal support such as:
- How long can the spousal support last?
- Will spousal support end if the receiving spouse re-marries or moves in with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend?
- If the spouse who pays spousal support loses his/her job, is he/she still required to pay support?
- If the spouse who pays spousal support gets a substantial raise or bonus, will that affect the support amount payable?
- How is alimony determined for self-employed or temporary/seasonal workers?
- If the spouse who pays spousal support retires, does spousal support end?
- If the spouse who pays spousal support refuses to work, then what happens?
- Does spousal support still need to be paid if we were only married for a short time?
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office offers our spousal support – alimony clients in Ukiah, Willits, Redwood Valley, Boonville, Fort Bragg, and Laytonville (as well as other areas in Mendocino County) many service options to fit your needs such as:
- Full Service Representation
- Limited Scope Representation (services limited to a specific task such as a making a court appearance on your behalf)
- Document Preparation Services
- Legal Consulting–Coaching / Unbundled Services (such as when a party is self-represented in Mendocino County – Ukiah and needs legal advice and assistance preparing for a hearing or they are in Mediation but need an independent attorney to render legal advice)
Please check out our client reviews to see for yourself what our clients have to say about us. It’s our commitment to providing fair-priced quality legal services in a friendly manner that sets us apart from the pack!