- Areas of Practice
- Bar Associations
- Other Affiliations
- Past Positions
- Classes & Seminars
- Pro Bono Activities
As the managing family law attorney for Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, Bailey Penzotti brings 17 years of unique background to the firm. Before joining the firm, she served as Family Law Facilitator for Mendocino County Superior Court.
In this capacity, Bailey provided assistance to self-represented litigants, helping them understand the court process and family law forms.
She also taught basic legal concepts in child custody/visitation, support and domestic violence. This supported parents who were required to take Parenting Apart classes as they moved through the child custody proceedings at the court. Bailey also developed the court’s “One Day Divorce/Agreement” program.
Now that she is in private practice, Bailey’s background helps her understand the volatility of family law and the stress people contemplating bankruptcy endure. She knows that clients want to be treated as more than just a name in a file. They want to be heard, kept informed and receive strong, competent representation. Moreover, she understands the importance of respecting clients’ emotional needs and delivering services as sensitively as possible.
As an example of Bailey’s dedication to her clients and effective representation, one of her cases resulted in a judicial finding that the opposing party was a vexatious litigant. The 1st District Court of Appeal of the State of California subsequently upheld this court decision.
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Child Support
- Child Custody and Visitation
- The State Bar of California, 2002
- Sonoma County Bar Association, 2017 – Present (Member)
- Mendocino County Women’s Bar Association, 2015 – 2018 (Member)
- San Francisco Bar Association, 2002 – Present (Member)
- Alameda County Bar Association, 2011 – 2015 (Member)
- National Notary Association, 2004 – Present (Member)
- New College of California School of Law, San Francisco, California, J.D.
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California, B.A., Major: Humanities Cross-Cultural Studies
- Sorority Membership: Gamma Sigma Sigma
- San Francisco Bar Association outstanding volunteer in public service, 2010 – 2011
- San Francisco Bar Association outstanding volunteer in public service, 2002 – 2004
- State Of California certificate of recognition of outstanding volunteer in public service, 2004
- Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office, P.C., Attorney III, 2017-2018; Managing Attorney 2019 to present
- Mendocino County Superior Court, Family Law Facilitator/ Self Help Supervising Attorney, 2015 – 2017
- Self Employed, family law attorney/ Owner, 2002 – 2015
- Law Offices of Robert A. Goodman, Contract Family Law Attorney, 2013 – 2015
- Law Offices of Joseph L. Alioto and Angela Alioto, Law Clerk, 1998 – 2002
- Taught: Parenting Apart (Child Custody/Domestic Violence/Support), Mendocino County Superior Court, 2015 – 2017
- Taught: Navigating the Sea of Paperwork in an Uncontested Dissolution of Marriage or Domestic Partnership, San Francisco Law Library, 2012
- San Francisco Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Program, 2002 – 2013
- Project Homeless Connect- San Francisco, 2011 – 2015