Spousal Support Lawyer: Napa County Firm Can Help
Considering a spousal support lawyer? Napa County-based Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office offers experienced assistance with alimony, also known as spousal support or maintenance. Alimony is often an important component of a divorce.
Prior to finalizing a divorce, a temporary spousal support order may be established. The amount of temporary spousal support is usually determined using a computer calculation.
Our office’s experienced Napa alimony – spousal support lawyers seek to resolve issues by mutual agreement without the need (and cost) of court litigation.
Of course, if we are unable to reach an agreement, we stand ready to vigorously protect your valuable legal rights throughout the litigation process.
If the issues need to be litigated, the Judge has considerable discretion in setting the amount and duration of the order. For this reason, it is extremely important to have an experienced Napa County alimony / spousal support lawyer on your side.
Request a Family Law Attorney: Napa County Discounted Consultation
During your discounted initial consultation of up to one hour in our Napa family law office (or by phone or video conference), our lawyers are happy to explain the factors the court will consider pertaining to spousal support.
The court will look at these factors when establishing, denying, or modifying a spousal support order under the California Family Law Code. We will also answer common questions about California alimony – spousal support such as:
- How long does spousal support last?
- What happens to spousal support if my ex-spouse gets re-married or moves in with his/her boyfriend/girlfriend?
- What happens if I’m paying spousal support and I lose my job?
- What happens if one of us gets a substantial raise?
- What happens to spousal support when I retire?
- What if my ex-spouse refuses to work?
- What if we were only married for a short time?
- What if one of us gets substantial bonuses?
- How is alimony calculated for self-employed people or seasonal workers?
Wine Country Family Law & Bankruptcy Office offers alimony clients in St. Helena, Calistoga, American Canyon, and Napa (as well as other areas) many service options to fit your needs such as:
- Limited Scope Representation (services limited to a specific task such as a making a court appearance on your behalf)
- Document Preparation Services / Unbundled Services
- Legal Consulting–Coaching (such as when a party is self-represented in Napa County and needs legal advice and assistance preparing for court or they are in Divorce Mediation but need an independent attorney to provide legal advice)
- Full Service Representation (most popular option)
Please check out our client reviews to see for yourself what our clients have to say about us. It’s our commitment to providing quality legal services in a friendly manner that sets us apart from the pack!